Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Redemption

So, yes, Owner was not too happy with me, needless to say. When she came back from wherever she had been, her face was severely displeased. She raised her voice. She wagged her finger. She put me on the sofa and told me to stay, which I did. This was no time to mess around. She went about cleaning up my rampage. I realized that I probably had gone too far.

 I needed advice on how to make amends, and I needed it fast. Max wasn't around to bounce ideas off of. I thought about Sam, the dog next door. He wasn't as smooth or charming as Max, but he'd probably be able to offer some pointers--he seemed like he was even keeled. I needed to talk with him, stat. But how could I arrange it?

As we head out for our evening walk, Sam and his owner are coming back, as luck would have it. Quickly, succinctly I explain my predicament to Sam as our paths cross. When I ask how I can redeem myself, he replies, "Grovel."

OK, that sounds good. Grovel. I look up at Owner with my most dazzling, cutest expression but she doesn't seem swayed. This is going to take a lot of work, I think. Hmmm.

We go on our walk without incident--I don't make any fuss even when I see a big dog. Bottom line,  I really, really, don't want to go back to the shelter. Owner appears calmer by the end of our walk, and I figure maybe the worst is over.

We get home and she feeds me dinner. Sitting on the sofa, I curl up next to her. She says something that seems to say, "It's OK."

No comments:

Post a Comment