Thursday, August 8, 2013

An apology and some plotting...

Taking a step back, I should explain my absence. I know it seems like forever, but frankly I’ve been busy. Busy making friends with new dogs. Busy getting trained so Owner doesn’t freak out so much. Busy Badger hunting. You don’t think I just sit around all day, do you?

In any event, my summer has been good. I’m genuinely having a fun time. Owner is much more relaxed, and I’m trying not to annoy her—at least purposely—quite so much. She even took me to a place where the ground was warm and sandy and there was water nearby. That was a great day.
But I still mix Max, my shelter boyfriend. In fact, I find myself thinking about him more and more. What is wrong with me? I have a nice little group of friends, Owner is becoming increasingly less hopeless, and I get the run of the place. What’s not to like?

And yet, and yet…I keep looking around, hoping that I’ll run into Max. Did he ever get out of the Shelter? What has he been up to? Does he still think of me? Or was it just a brief flirtation for him—outta sight, outta mind? Sam, the amazingly clueless dog next door, doesn’t compare to Max.

Sometimes at night, when Owner is asleep, I sneak out of my small bed that placed next to hers and walk around the house. Then I sit on the sofa and think. I think about when I will get breakfast. I think about if I will ever get to catch a badger. And I think about my next move.

No comments:

Post a Comment