Monday, April 22, 2013

Poor Puppy -- I'm Sick and So Is Owner's Bright Object

Ugh, what the hell did I eat? My stomach feels like crap. It must have been that weird-smelling brown thing on the sidewalk that Owner told me not to eat earlier this morning while we were on our walk. I pace around the home as Owner looks at me intently and drinks her warm beverage. Suddenly, rather gracefully, if I do say so myself, I vomit onto the white carpet. Owner jumps up and rushes around to clean it up. I would normally be upset that I made a mess on Owner's carpet, but honestly, I don't care at this point.

Then I plop on the carpet in defeat. When will I learn not to eat strange stuff? I start to drift off to sleep. I begin dreaming about Max, my friend from the shelter. He was just so much fun, so kind. He would have cheered me up. I think back to the fun times we had playing in the yard at the shelter. So many great games with balls and Frisbees.

I wonder where he is now. Maybe he hit pay dirt and got some owners with a big back yard and lots of squirrels to chase and no kids. That's the ideal scenario we all want.

I wake up and puke again. Owner looks up. I sense she's not doing well either. Something's going on with her Bright Object that she's always pounding her paws onto. She's shaking the machine and pushing the buttons on it furiously.

She comes and cleans up the new mess and looks very concerned. We go sit on the sofa, and she pets me in a kind, gentle way. We sit that way for a long time. It's not a good day for either of us.

I fall back asleep and dream of hunting for badgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment