Tuesday, March 26, 2013

In the Great Outdoors


Hooray! Owner and I are in the moving contraption again. I sit on Owner's lap as she deals with getting us to wherever we're going. We get off the big road and then make some turns on to some smaller ones. Then we stop and I hope up on the window and look out. We seem to be in the great outdoors. This is big!

We got out of the moving contraption and walk up to someone Owner seems to know. They exchange friendly greetings and then--so exciting!--the other human pulls a dog out of her car! YES! Someone to hang out with!  The other dog and I start chatting crazily, and Owner tightens her grip on the leash.

All four of us start to walk up a dusty path. The other dog explains that humans like to do this.

So here's what I've learned--the other dog is named Sally, she's a beagle mix, three years old. She's friendly but originally from some place that was cold. In fact, she says they used to have cold, wet, white stuff on the ground.

"All these stupid humans here in warm weather land don't know how lucky they have it. I had to walk in the snow all the time when I lived in the cold weather.  It was awful. But now I'm being rewarded by living here."

So on, and on it goes. We clearly are going to be pals. Owner is wonderful after all!

I am having so much fun sniffing around, I can hardly contain myself. As we descend down a steep path, I rush ahead, until suddenly I sense lots of commotion behind me. I turn around and see Owner has fallen. And she doesn't look too please. Ugh! What is wrong with me?!

No comments:

Post a Comment