Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Adjustment Time

The Shelter lady walks me out accompanied by the freckly lady. "Bye, Max! Bye!" I say. And he responds, "Good luck, cutie!"

The Shelter lady hands my new owner some food, and we get into some sort of object. One of the dogs at my previous home said this was some sort of contraption that people use to go long distances. Why the hell don't they just walk? Well, anyway, I'm jumping around SO excited. I'm leaving, I'm outta here! Woohoo! My new owner laughs but wags her finger at me. I'm still springing up and down when the object starts to move. Whoops! Owner looks at me concerned and the contraption stops abruptly. Slam, right into the back of the chair. Oops.

We start moving again and things go better. We move for a while, Owner singing along to some noise coming from the moving contraption. Then we stop and she gets me out of the car. We go into some building. And I realize that this building contains stuff just for me! How exciting!

I scurry around, looking this way and that, and Owner has a hard time following me. Well, she needs to pick up the pace. She begins to put things into a basket--food, toys, a bed, bowls. I like her already, I decide. She's going to be good.

She then spends time in front of some contraption that finally spits something out. Then she attaches it to my collar. After talking with someone behind the counter, Owner hands over some sort of thing that doesn't look like a treat, in part because the lady behind the counter gives it back. Then we head out and get back into the moving contraption.

Finally, after a while, we stop and get out. Owner is talking to me excitedly and with a big smile. I start talking as well, cause why not? She's happy, I'm happy. I jump out of the car with joy and start running. Now owner doesn't seem too happy. She sounds very stern and starts running after me. Maybe I should make this a game. I start running again. So fun!

Uh oh. Owner doesn't look happy at all. I finally stop, pee, and then she picks me up and wags her finger in my face. She gets control of the leash again, and we walk around some more after picking up the supplies from the building that's all for me. Finally, we walk into my new home.

Owner puts me down and I run around. It's nice. I can be happy here. I mean, I miss my old home, but this isn't bad.

Later that night, Owner puts my bed down next to hers. But I jump up on her bed and collapse next to her. She doesn't try to move me.

No comments:

Post a Comment